DOT Nylon Air Brake Tubing (NT100)
"Nylon 11" Air Brake Tubing
In search of air brake tubing for your semi-truck or trailer? Look no further! DiscountHydraulicHose.com has a wide selection of in-stock air brake tubing and fittings. Our Nylon 11 air brake tubing meets DOT requirements so you can rest easy knowing you won't have trouble at your next "random" inspection. Combined with our extensive selection of DOT approved air brake fittings, you will be back in business in no time!
Our DOT Air Brake Tubing meets all requirements for DOT FMVSS 571.106* and SAE J844**.
Nylon DOT tubing is made from a unique material derived from the seeds of the castor bean plant. It is primarily used as brake line tubing. Also known as Polyamide 11, Nylon 11 is an extremely tough plastic that can withstand extreme temperatures and resist harsh chemicals. It is ideal for connecting instruments and pneumatic accessories to the air brake system, and meets SAE J844 standards. Two types of nylon DOT, Type A and Type B, are available.
Type A DOT tubing is 5/16” OD or less. It is rugged enough for critical vehicle systems but is flexible enough to fit in tight spaces. Type B is for sizes above 5/16” and requires a braid inside the tubing.
Features of our Nylon 11 Tubing
- Nylon core, polyamide fiber reinforcement (3/8" and larger sizes only), nylon jacket
- Contains ultra violet stabilizer in all colors.
- **1/8", 1/4" and 5/16" are SAE J844 Type A (not reinforced)
- **3/8", 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" are SAE J844 Type B (reinforced)
- *1/8" tubing does not meet D.O.T. standards.
- Temperature range: -40°F to +200°F